Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baby Steps toward a Studio

Instead of moving to Cleveland to be closer to work, I decided to get a studio space near where I live.  I'll still have a long commute but at least I will save money and I will have a place that I know I can mess up without losing my security deposit ;)   I got the number of the landlord who rents a space to one of my old painting professors so hopefully he has an opening..

Currently, at my parents house with cable television, a pool, my cut cat and dog, and other distractions, I find it too difficult to paint as often as I want to.  With summer ending (I got NOTHING accomplished) and grad application season approaching it's time to get down to bizznissssss.   Soooo, I will treat this studio as an office, going there to work on my way home and on weekends. Now that my boy has left to start his second year at law school I'll have more time than ever to paint without wanting to be somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment