Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Oil loves water

Finally got paint on canvas yesterday.  Tried water soluble oil paints for the first time.  They're pretty fantastic...all the color quality of regular oils with less toxicity! NO TURPS WOOO!!  The main difference is the thinning and thickening...both water and linseed oil make it a little tacky. Thinking about buying some walnut oil.  I've read that it is good for flow.  It's like re-learning to ride a bike, you are wobbly at first but, after a few laps you're right back on track!

2 comments:

  1. Why am I just finding this BLOG!? We have to chat. I feel like I could type a million questions into these comment boxes (painting, contracts, photos, etc.) so I'll start writing them down for the next time I see you.

    I can't wait to see the new space and am even more excited about seeing new work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, dood, i just started it about 2 weeks ago...thinking about adding my friend anna as an admin to do a sort of joint art bloggy thingy.

    I will accept any and all questions you may have, and will answer them with all my wisdom (Bahahaha). I'm planning on being in kent saturday and sunday so yah, visit!

    ReplyDelete