Thursday, September 02, 2010

the search

Sketched out my first painting of the new body of work I want to get finished by December.  It was challenging but turned out just as I had expected.  Now that I can see the idea manifesting it makes me excited to push through it!  Remind me to keep notes on any revelations I may have...I have a feeling that once I sit down to write an artist statement for grad school I will have completely forgotten why I started in the first place, hahaha!

Let's hope not, turns out most if not all of my ideas are rooted in the same place for the last 8 years (at least!).  Apparently, everything I think about is rooted in the search for companionship...friendship or otherwise.  

Work today, day off again tomorrow. Time to build some canvases!

No comments:

Post a Comment