Saturday, November 20, 2010

My mojo's so dope

Just finished priming the last of my canvases that I hoped to have painted by my self imposed due date of Dec 1st.  Clearly, I will not be finishing all ten on time.  BUT! What is finished has come out better than I could have hoped!  Plus, there's still time, ten days is ten days!  When I originally made the goal I had not expected to switch my grad school aspirations from painting to interior design and with the new path comes new portfolio requirements and the need to take the GRE (Nov 27th, AH!)  So, I've been busy working on some designs, studying, and painting. 

Despite the stress that comes with deadlines and uncharted territory I am very very happy and am honestly don't even feel stressed out. I realized this yesterday, in fact, when I looked down at my hands and noticed my nails are long!? I haven't been biting my nails!  It seems silly but it definitely means something, less overall anxiety perhaps? (Thanks, Yoga!)

NOW! The real reason for this post!  On each of the next three Saturdays I'll be in a group art show :)  They just sort of fell in my lap and it couldn't be more perfect timing. 

Nov 27th- The HeART of it All  (This is a charity show with my younger cousin Meg and some of her friends, I think it's benefiting a few of the kids mission trips to Haiti? Is it bad that I dont know?)

Dec 4th- Downpour Creative/ Engine Room Recording Grand Opening (Super SUPER excited about this)

Dec 11th- Bizarre Bizaar (All women arts and crafts show in Cleveland live/work lofts, curated by the lovely Carmen Navis)

Finally, I learned today that Daniel Day Lewis will be playing Lincoln in Spielberg's upcoming film. A-m-a-z-i-n-g.

-Roni!

No comments:

Post a Comment