Tuesday, November 09, 2010

NewStudioNewDay

Because my old space sprung a leak I enlisted my pa to help me move the heavy stuff into unit 1. Who knew a flat file weighed a billion pounds? Give or take.  And I have two of them...jealous? Anyway, a painter's studio doesn't need much equipment so the pictures don't show much but, i'm posting a studio tour anyway.  My friend david posted one recently and I enjoyed seeing his. Granted he since has moved to a new, better, space.  Check him out.

After the studio pictures, i'm putting up two figure drawings from the August Dr. Sketchys that I went to.  I had a great time...its a burlesque style open drawing with good people and silly contests. Figure was my thing in school and it had been a long time (2+ years?) since I had drawn a live person. I keep meaning to go again but they sneak up on you. It's not my best work, but for 10 and 20 minute poses I think i still got it! Enjoy!

water cup filled with stained brushes

reference wall

flat file drawers

in progress
<3

opposite side: flat files, lightbox, other in progress pieces, comfy, grandma lamp, and new (dry) place to store art books



work table, mini fridge (necessary), more works in progress, list of potential portrait options

20 minute pose

10 minute pose


-Roni!

1 comment: