Monday, February 14, 2011

Ink makes my fingernails look homeless

On Ohio maps:
I just cut up my Pat Catan's card, my North Campus video card, my Ohio Drivers License, but don't worry, I saved my Franklin Square Deli punch card to send in my next package to you, Roni.
What a weird thing. I have my Ohio license plates under my desk. Legally Californian now.
My Ohio map would have been all of these obsolete things I kept for over a year here.
Or my Ohio map would have been my car. I keep it totally empty here, with the glove compartment and the center console open when parked as per Martin Ball's suggestion to keep my car from being broken into again.
But when I lived in Ohio, I had a second home in my car. Bottles of water, boxes of granola bars, extra jackets, blankets, print outs of directions from Google Maps, paints, bags of brushes, rollers, scrapers, knives, tape, boards, cardboard, mats, trash bags, shoes, shirts, tampons, all of my CDs, disposable cameras, tissues, paper towels, cans of cheese ravioli, peanut butter crackers, an air compressor, bottles of Naproxen...
I had a lot of homes in Ohio, and left them a lot.
What a thing to think about!
I shoooould go to Blick today, in the rain, and get the things I need to keep working on the paintings I have momentum splurting over now....
In San Francisco, I don't need music like I did in Ohio. I noticed that recently. I just don't listen to music much here. Not like I did back East.
What does it all mean?!?!!?!?!?!
Just kidding, everything is fine.
Let's finish three paintings today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO TEAM

No comments:

Post a Comment