Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Roni Wakes Me Up: HOMERUN!

Yes, we are superheros, and sometimes its good that nobody knows about us!
WATCH OUT we'll be famous at 60. Or so my fortune cookie tells me.
Bustin' out! I have work up at the Sycamore in San Francisco. They have the most amazing roast beef sandwich in the world, so says me.
And the best art.
I haven't had proper photos taken yet, but here are some party pics!



My cousin Judy bought a piece, and took it off the wall! XOXO


Alex, me, n' Wild Card
in that order


Wild Card, Brian, Mermaid Agenda


My Bro, my pals, my art

Alex n' me


Dr. Ra n' Alex


livingroom afterparty


Composed.




Okay Roni, here's this painting. The dark, weird painting of non-cupcake variety.
word.




uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH!! I just wrote out the best comment/critique/praise and it errored!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! let's try again.

    -The paper is great, subtle. Adding more could be good but not necessary.
    -The intestines(?) are perfect. The graphic nature of them next to the black really makes the image look nestled in...like they're being exposed.
    -Use of large color patches is new for you and I like how it is working.
    -The little green arrow thing near the top and the wavy blue near the bottom are surprising and really pop against the red/blacks. nice.

    With that said:
    -Try adding areas of greater detailing and layered imagery (ala the mermaid painting) to bring parts of the painting forward and make other parts sink back.
    -The bottom left corner by the foot needs work. At first I thought adding a lot of texture would be the ticket but I'm leaning more now towards extending the green...either way I want it to come out at me.

    It's gonna be great, I applaud your laying it out with this painting...in the past even your scary/sad/troubling work were masked a bit without you talking about it.

    To reiterate my main suggestion...use pockets of detail to add depth. :)

    GAH! the first time I wrote this it was so much better!!

    ReplyDelete