Thursday, May 19, 2011

MacAttack

Heyyyyy!

In honor of Anna coming to visit o-HI-o for the weekend, I want to introduce you to San Francisco artist, Wendy MacNaughton.  I don't have much to say about her work other than "I diggit." Some of it is really quirky and funny.  The portraits and maps are quirky too...they definitely remind me of children's books and also a little bit of the current trends in illustration.  The trend I'm referring to being the hand drawn imperfect representations...but I really don't know what I'm talking about, I feel like I've definitely seen a lot of drawings in ads lately. Moving on.  What I like about her drawings having the very illustrative and commercial quality is that I get the feeling she just likes to draw for the hell of it.  If she gets asked to do drawings in exchange for money, all the better.

Things Happen

The Way Home
Enjoy!

Roni! 

P.S.  Local Terrain opening tomorrow, Friday May 20 5-8 at the Downtown Gallery, Kent, OH.  Whachaaa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment