Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I am very pleased to say that i love how my paintings are coming along!  At one point during the day I stepped back and felt so overwhelmed (with happy things!) that i almost started crying.  It feels good to be back on track and working on art that I like.

I'm starting to become obsessed with New American Painting magazine, which recently displayed the work of fellow Kent Stater Chad Hansen. Their are some pretty great artists out there...and a lot more figurative work than school has led me to believe.  

Here's someone that I liked. Kelly Reemtsen.  I love the bold brush strokes and the use of planes to find the form. Personally, I think the "suburban housewife gone crazy" theme is a little overused but, her use of paint gives it a playful almost doll-like quality that I love.

Of course, I'm not an art critic sooo yah! This piece is called "character assassination"


Roni!

2 comments:

  1. Thought you might enjoy this guys blog and work.

    http://jamesjean.com/blog/C190D2/

    DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have the issue with CHaaad because I got all fanboy bout it at the bookstore in Chicago where I found it!

    ReplyDelete