Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homebody

Speaking of grad school...I signed up to take the GRE today. I've decided to not only apply to grad school for painting but also for interior design and architecture, which requires me to take the GRE.  This is something i've been considering for a while but haven't talked to anyone about it.  In light of recent events I say why not? I'm smart, I enjoy architecture (they are the only blogs I read besides art related ones) and I have wonderful ideas for reviving small space...what I would specialize in.  I have a secret (but now public!) dream of making custom very usable play houses and children's living spaces in homes.  As the daughter of a man who literally has rebuilt both houses we've lived in top to bottom I'm considering creating a family tradition but with a focused, smaller, and more childish ;) approach.  I have a lot to learn but I know what I'm capable of and I can do this!  Having a painting background can only serve to help my cause, right? Right.

If I ever made it into a little company I would need a great name.  I'm taking suggestions but my first inclination includes to word "homebody" with the subtext of "it's about knowing you can always, always, come home" 

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete