Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"Are you not entertained?!"

A lot of change in my life in a short time. The two biggest changes are these promises:

1. I will not censor myself. I am a generally polite person with generally positive opinions so I don't see this leading to trouble.  If it does, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...and I will do so in a poised, calm and adult manner.

2. I will no longer isolate myself from the world. I know everyone falls into this trap, it seems impossible to avoid when you're in a happy relationship. Regardless, I will do my best. I've found that I have good friends and family to yap yap yap at while they just listen and let me goooo...that's hard to find, and I won't take it for granted.

No more of this! Back to Art!  "Is this not why you are here?!"

Today I painted alot, I've decided that to expedite my output I will work on multiple pieces at once. Not only will I feel more productive but by switching the paintings frequently I will be able to see them with a fresh eye every time. That's the hope at least, it makes sense in my brain. 

Also, if this blog is all you look at, you probably think i'm all talk with art stuffs. Here's a sketch I errr sketched while in Rome, Italy.  I was waiting for a friend to come meet me for a bike ride at the Piazza del Popolo.  It was really lovely and I did my best to capture it quickly with a sharp 2B pencil and conte crayon.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment