Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Newbies

Took pictures of my new paintings today for grad school applications and figured I should upload them to my website.  This should have been a quick and painless task but I've spent the last couple hours uploading and re-uploading the images.  For some reason, maybe the server used by the web company?, the images come out very gray after the uploading. It's not my screen because then the tones would be messed up no matter where I was viewing them. So, it must be the uploading process. It's frustrating. I have the site paid for through May soooo in the meantime maybe I'll commission someone to make me a new site.

Anywho.  I'll post them here :)  The color has always been pretty good on blogger.  Feedback is welcome, I have a lot more to do and a long way to go.  I've actually finished 6 paintings so far and tossed three because they weren't up to snuff. CUTTHROAT!

Here they are three examples of my newest series of paintings.  The ultimate goal is to have ten finished that I am pleased with...so I'll probably actually paint twenty...in time to have a solo show in April at Third Gallery in Cleveland.  That would be boss. Then I'll be all "I'm mailing images of these all over the country!! Some dumb gallery will think i'm super great and pay me monies to display them!! Wheeeee!"


"Newlyweds"

"Role Models"

"Up & Out"





































































Love yoouuuuu

Roni!

3 comments:

  1. yah, color is definitely better on this. Stooopid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Up & Out" is awesome!

    -dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, that one is my baby, it lives above my bed now :)

    ReplyDelete