Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011: The year of Follow Through

I just spent nearly an hour writing out this long boring entry where I touched on the last few years and blah blah blah and brought it around to present day and the change that has happened and then I decided to delete it. If you want to know my life story, ask :)

Instead I'm keeping it to the point and future focused!

The last few months I've put effort into actually trying to be a practicing artist.  Turns out, the more you put yourself out there, the more people know you exist! I've never really wanted to be "an artist" for a job, it's definitely more about being happy. I make things to be happy.  So far, it's going exactly as planned. I am happpyyy!

What is already planned for 2011 in order of occurrence :
1.    Various dates between Jan 3- Feb 1:  Send in graduate school applications (Interior design school). Preparing this portfolio has really opened my eyes to a type of art I had never considered.  It's completely different than finishing a painting and honestly it's turning out to be more satisfying...that's saying a lot because they're just ideas on paper!
2.    Jan 15: Finish spread for J. Annie's zine.  Haven't completely worked it out, but i'm excited.
3.    SOON: Finish Braig's housewarming/Christmas present
4.    THEN: Make a piece for Lesley Sickle's curated exhibit "Local Terrain" which will open May 18.  What I have planned is a departure from what I normally do so I need ample time for revisions.
5.    April: Solo exhibit of new paintings (1/3 Gallery hopefully)
6.    May 14: photograph a lovely spring wedding    
7.    Spring or Summer: Roadtrip across this beautiful country I have yet to explore. Whadda shame!
8.    Summer: If I get into school, move far away. bittersweet thought because I <3 the rust belt, my friends and family. But, I digress!

Between everything I have a bunch of tentative engagement/newborn/senior picture sessions that need dates attached.  I hope to contribute to the varying ventures my super talented friends are working on if they need any help.  My friends are ridiculously talented.  

Finally, I've decided on a resolution!  It's completely unrelated to what I've been writing about :)   This year I'm going to take less showers.  Or at least significantly shorter ones.  No matter what I do to try and live responsibly (rah rah dirty hippie) I cannot seem to take a short shower.  It's stupid! and very wasteful. Maybe limit to 10 minutes to start?

Happy New Year!

R!

No comments:

Post a Comment