Thursday, February 24, 2011

I got every flavor made by that babe Bertie Botts

Hi y'all!

Right now I'm listening to MC Chris, he makes me laugh. Thanks to a fun peoples for bringing him to my attention :)  Speaking of laughter, I was perusing the interwebs for images by Jessica Eaton so I could write about how amazing her photography is and came across this print by Craig Damrauer from his series "The New Math of Relationships":
The New Math of Relationships: Laughter


He speaks the truth! His website doesn't have this series for some reason. You can view more of them on his 20x200 page.  They're pretty great and so so simple. Hope you like them!  I've decided to hold off on Eaton because her website is all screwy.  Once I find a good source of her images then I will give her a proper review, it's worth the wait people, she's amazing.

In other news, I bought some books on Amazon today:
I am (from left to right): desperate, dreamy, adolescent

I kind of feel silly about the first two purchases. But, the internet is too saturated to find any targeted and useful information on trying to market yourself and the "business end" of the art world.  I received a green building book for Christmas and it has been a great resource for materials, codes, and using nature to your advantage blah blah blah.  Add to the list reason #235159778 why a well written book is a better tool than blindly searching on the internet.
As for the third book I should have bought it when it first came out but just kept forgetting. I own this whole series, it's hilarious, adorable, and a complete indulgence. Love! It's so great, in fact, that the first book "Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging" was made into a movie that was released in theatres all over the world in 2008 & 2009 and premiered on American televisions on New Years Day 2010 (though i looked for an illegal copy to no luck until then...i mean seriously, a year later!?)  I watched it and recorded it, thank you. If anyone finds it on DVD buy it for me!! I will pay you back, je promis :D Alright, and since this entry has quickly diverted into a love fest for all things Georgia I will flip to a random page page in book 1 and copy a few lines:

"What did Jas know of trouble? Had she taken her little sister to the swimming pool?...Had her little sister's swimming knickers exploded at the top of the toddlers' water slide? No. Is there ever any point in trying to tell Mum that Libby always has bottom trouble after baked beans?"

Bah! It's official. I'm 12 years old.  

Roni!

No comments:

Post a Comment