Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Cozy up

I made my first blanket yesterday! I was prepared to fail miserably but it was really fun.  The next time I make a blanket I'll be sure to throw more time at it, like a good month, and make it perfect.  It's for a dog so, I figure he won't care that it looks silly :)  Annyyyyway I thought this would be a good opportunity to throw out a sewing disclaimer, OK? Okey!

Everything I've posted has been a 5 hour max, spur of the moment, fly by the seat of my pants project. I'd like to go on record stating that I can use patterns, I've even made my own suit jacket pattern. When I've used them, everything comes out very well and nearly pro-passable (or at least high class amateur, hahaa). However, I choose not to when making things for myself. It's less time consuming and frankly, I enjoy the surprise!

Moving on! I've had these fabrics since high school and since Parker loves race cars, the color red, and being a boy puppy I decided to finally use them to make his new blanket. It's pretty cute and I'll bet money that he ends up eating right through it!
red & blue fleece for coziness, checker cotton for snaziness
wide black cotton border (which folds onto the front), gray denim inlay, red cotton name attached with no-sew heat adhesive 

Tomorrow and Friday, I'm on location in Chillicothe for work. It's really far but oh well! Monies is monies!  I'm bringing the portable pieces of a piece I'm working on so I don't waste too much time.

G'day!


Ronda

1 comment:

  1. "...and since Parker loves race cars, the color red, and being a boy puppy..."

    lololololololollololollllol!!

    -dane

    ReplyDelete