Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mooooo

My parents bought some Breyers Blast! Reese's ice cream and I have not been able to keep away from it. It's infuriating realizing I have no self control when it comes to ice cream. None. Zero.  Oh well!

Crafty:
I've been thinking about painting my kitchen table and chairs. The last few times I did this the pieces looked great but were a little bit sticky when the weather became warm and humid.  I don't really know why it happened, I sanded the furniture down, painted, let it cure for at least 24 hours (sometimes longer), then added a second layer. I didn't put on a varnish or sealer and perhaps that's the problem.  However, I'm not a huge fan of varnishes...a bit toxic for my hobby...so I've been researching alternate methods and stumbled across milk paint. It is exactly what you think it is, milk based paint. Environmentally friendly and ideal for adding a wash of vibrant color.  According to the suppliers I've found, there is no need for a sealer or finish of any kind.  I'm assuming it works like a very saturated stain. If that's the case I'm pretty stoked to try it.  I'm thinking my table would look pretty great teal or kelly green.

Arty:
I've been slowly making progress on my piece for "Local Terrain."  I'm on my third? version and I'm sort of stumbling my way through it. It's alright though, sometimes stumbling through a project is the best thing.  Knowing exactly what to do all the time can get boring and you're probably not challenging yourself enough anyway.  Without suffering there is no real progress.  That's what my aerobics instructor says :)  In the end, my highest hope is to see something complete and relatively cohesive.  Now, if it comes out awesome that will be a bonus and a miracle!

11 down, 5 to go. Go. Go! GO!

This was pretty boring. If you made it this far, thanks bunches!
- Roni!

4 comments:

  1. you should also try one of the new flavors from Ben n Jerry's: Boston Cream Pie. oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear lord, I don't need any more excuses to eat ice cream!!!!! I'm currently obsessed with Ruggles Bumpy Road-marshmellow ice cream with little chocolate covered crispies and fudge swirl. Kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness there isn't a Handel's near me. P.S. Next time I am in Ohio, let's get ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please! I was just talking about the love of my life, Handel's, to a less awesome ice cream. We need to go to a nw place in Cleve-o called Sweet moses!!!

    ReplyDelete