Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I'M GONNA LIVE FOREVER!"

I realized that in late 2010 I wrote a lot about grad school and all that shtuff and I hadn't posted any sort of update on that. Basically, after a lot of research, phone calls, and soul searching I realized that graduate school was not the best choice for me right now.  Without getting into too much detail, I simply was hellbent on proving that I could do it and once I started the process I was too far in to give up...plus I wanted to see how it played out!  Anna wisely suggested that I pick 2 favorites of the 7 I applied to. If I were accepted into either of those I promised myself to research it further. As fate would have it, I was accepted into all but my number 1, 2, and 4. So, I put it behind me with a new found sense of pride that I finally, after 3 years of applying to school, was accepted to some really great programs.  Even bigger self esteem boost? It was all for a program that I was a complete stranger to! w00t!

I immediately began to focus my attention on landing a dream job.  For the last month and a half I've been slowly trying to get my foot, leg, torso, and noggin in the proverbial door. Yesterday, I went in for a third interview.  For it, I presented my answer to a project prompt...which I found out means I made it to the top three (what!?!)  "Make a box that represents the company's aesthetic"   Here's what I made.  They seemed excited about it...definitely pleased that it wasn't just a literal box. But, of course, only time will tell :) I made the boxes out of a disassembled coffee table and found everything else. Total price tag: $3.17

My Apothecary


Here's to not taking no for an answer!

-Roni!

2 comments: