Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fecals Face's Mini Interviews make me happy.

Sometimes it annoys me when artists can give meaningful answers to basic questions about their work. Mostly because I can't. Or at least I struggle very violently with it. Articulation and I get in bloody fist fights. We go for low blows, tear out clumps of hair, and scratch at the eyes. And usually I produce sloppy round-about metaphors instead of concise explanations, and nobody has a clue what I am getting at. Or do they?
Whichever, I really liked some of the answers Huey Crowley gave Fecal Face in this Mini Interview.
And his art is inspiring in the way that I painted a hideous picture of a terrifying figure and thought nobody wanted to see it. Well, people want to see his hideous and terrifying figures, so, inspired. Done.
I liked Zoran Palurovic's answers because they are the ones I think we all wish we could give, but were taught not to most of the time.
EG:
"How would you describe your work to someone?"
"I do not want to explain anything special to anyone through my abstract works."
Stick it to the man, Zoran.
Also on Fecal Face this morning, I saw the work of Ian Shults, which I swear I have seen before, but can't remember where or find any examples of in my strangely extensive yet unorganized files on artists I store in my bedroom.
For the most part, I'm not really into paintings of ladies in their underwear. For the most part, I miss the point. But I did like the first and third paintings on that website: Severed Connections and What We Do is Secret. After those, I lost interest.
Is that how everybody looks at anybody's website? Or am I just a douche bag?
I have a cold.
I don't want to proof read this before posting it.
So I won;t

No comments:

Post a Comment