Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Street View

Piece from Local Terrain. I think it's pretty cute. I should've taken more detail pictures but there were a lot of people around & I felt awkward snappin' away.  After the pictures, I added the brief statement I wrote about the piece.  It's kind of terrible but helpful none the less :)

Front view

Detail, you can kind of see into the short jar in the front.  They all had a collage drawing inside some were easier to read than others.

3/4 view



This piece represents the relationships that have shaped me into the person I am today. They are arranged geographically, creating a subjective map of my personal resources for advice, feedback, friendship, and love. While some of the people and experiences represented are literally thousands of miles from Ohio, I still maintain solid connections with them all.  The piece is titled Street View because I was inspired while using Google’s street view function to see a friend’s new apartment. I wanted so badly to see inside. Unfortunately, Google has not yet been able to get so personal. The jars contain drawings that illustrate how that particular location fits into my life.  

My apartment is getting cuter by the day. just fyi.
Kay bye!
Roni!

No comments:

Post a Comment