Tuesday, May 03, 2011

zoom zoom

Lots of change really fast. All good though! Just fast. Thankfully, I've been pretty consistent with my Zumba classes so moving fast is super easy for me, obviously.

First!! I got an apartment! Not just any apartment. This is my very first all-by-myself-can-make-it-as-cute-as-I-want apartment. I thought about looking for a roommate (aka built in new friend) but said Hell Naw! I don't need someone telling me how to arrange my furniture. So, I'm pretty excited. It's in a safe area with everything I need within walking/biking distance.  Most importantly my daily work commute is being shortened by 100 minutes round trip! What!? That's so many minutes that I won't be driving! 

Second!! I got a new job! Remember that one time I made a piece for an interview?  Well, they liked it and I've been hired.  Yay! I'm stupid nervous but really, really ready to be awesome at this.  In case you're wondering, my official title is Display Coordinator. I'm going to work at the new Anthropologie store that is opening in Crocker Park.  Basically, it's a big girl job and pretty soon I'm going to have to own up to officially being an adult.

WHOA! Looks like I can't pretend anymore.  My own place, a big girl job...I guess I'm a grown up now. I feel sooo...different. KIDDING! I'll never be a "grown up" if I can help it :)

Third!!  This isn't a change but, the art show I've been yappin' about since January is nearly here. In fact, I have to turn in my piece on Friday. So, it's been adding to my super fast changing life craziness. Though it's not finished I'm really happy with it so far.

In case I haven't made it clear enough, I want to reiterate that everything is really great. Like, scary great.  Old Roni would have thought "This may be toooo great.  Let's proceed with caution because clearly something bad is about to happen."  New Roni says "It's about time! Own it, own it, oooowwnnnn iiiiitttt!."  Even if I'm wrong and something bad ends up happening I'm not going to let that thought fill up my brain until it's an actual issue.  Life's too short to assume the worst all of the time.

Happy Things,
Roni!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on everything! You worked hard and deserve all of your owning!!!

    DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dood! We're both pretty much kicking life's ass right now. Go us! Have fun in Cali!

    ReplyDelete